Please follow the proceedings below to get you Visa Credit Card. Visit your nearest branch to obtain application form of Visa Credit Card. Fill up the application for NMB Visa Credit Card. Submit it to the respective branch. Collect your Visa Credit Card and Pin Code after the specified day to have your card activated.
2. Where is NMB VISA Credit Card accepted?
NMB VISA Credit Card is accepted at all merchant locations displaying the sign of Visa Cards. Credit cards are confined to usage within India, Nepal and Bhutan as per the rules and regulation of Nepal Rastra Bank.
3. Do I need to open an account to apply for NMB VISA Credit Credit?
No, you don’t need to open account for the credit cardholder.
4. How do I use my NMB VISA Credit Card?
It is very simple and easy to use your credit card. Instead of paying cash, you can just swipe your card at the merchant location. Two receipts will then be printed for you to sign. The merchant will keep one copy and hand you over the second copy. At the end of the billing period, you will receive a statement which shows all the transactions that you have made during the past month. You are required to settle at least the minimum due amount within the due date. Failure to do so will add late payment penalty fee and interest to your statement. Your credit card also allows for instant withdrawal of cash. This is very easy to do as described below: Insert you Visa credit card in the card slot. (Some ATM machines will pull the card inside the machine automatically while in others you have to dip the card in and pull it out quickly.) Select the language you desire either Nepali or English. Other languages may be available in India. Enter your pin number. Select withdraw funds to take money out from the ATM Enter the desired Rupees Amount. Make sure to take your cash, credit card and a receipt.
5. How often can I use my NMB VISA Card?
You can use your card as often as you wish, provided you do not exceed your pre-set credit limit. Once a card is used, the card limit decreases until the time payment is received from you.
6. Can I withdraw cash from my credit card, if yes how much and what will be the associated charges?
Yes, you can withdraw cash(cash advance) from your Credit card in any of the ATM terminal in Nepal, India and Bhutan. In case of cash advance, the limit are assigned 50% of the total limit or NPR.16000 (whichever is less). The charges levied on cash advance transaction are as follows: Onus Cash Advance (NMB ATM) Rs. 100 or 2%(whichever is higher) Offus Cash Advance (Other Banks ATM) Rs. 200 or 4%(whichever is higher) Offus Cash Advance (Indian Banks ATM) Rs. 300 or 5%(whichever is higher) The cardholder shall also be levied with interest rate of 2.5% on the cash withdrawal from ATM terminal from the date of transaction.
7. Why are card transactions declined sometimes?
The card transactions get declined sometimes due to the following reasons:
- Disruption of network connectivity.
- Physical problem in the ATM and POS machines.
- ATM/POS machine not able to read the chip data of the card.
- Cardholder trying to withdraw more than the assigned transaction limit.
- Cardholder Account in dormant, blocked status, insufficient funds.
- Multiple Wrong PIN attempt made by the cardholder
- Other various technical issues
8. Where to contact if my NMB VISA credit card is not working?
Support Number: 977-01-5970152
9. How do I pay my credit card dues?
You can pay your credit card dues through NMB Banks' Mobile Banking, Internet Banking, Connect Ips, e-Sewa, Khalti or by visiting nearest NMB bank branch.