NMB Bank’s eNMB is the mobile banking solution for all of its retail customers to avail digital services of the bank.
Personal Information we may collect
Personal Information that we may collect about you through eNMB Application includes information that you have agreed at the time of subscription such as;
- Contact Information: Name, Address, Mailing address, Email address, Telephone, Mobile number(s) and name of next of kin.
- Identifiers: Gender, Nationality, Residency Status, Tax File Number, Government identifiers such as a Citizenship number, Passport number, Driving license number, Insurance policy number and other Identifiers
- Access Authorization: PIN and Passcode, Security Questions and Answers, Username and Biometrics
- Financial Information: Transaction information where you have a product with us or use a service provided by us and Information about your credit worthiness, credit history, credit eligibility, repayment history information and default information
- Camera and Contact Details with consent: For features like Top-up, Merchant payments and QR payments the eNMB application requires permissions to fetch contact details and camera access
- Geo-location information with consent (for example nearest ATM or financial center location, for fraud prevention)
- Analytics information: We may use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the application. These tools collect information sent by our application that assists us in improving the application.
- Unique device identifiers and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses
- Browser type, version, language, and display/screen settings
- Information about how you use and interact with our App (for example activities on pages visited, links clicked or unique and measurable patterns such as movements, swipes and gestures)
- Log information such as your search and voice to text queries in the mobile app
- Search engine referrals
- The name and contact details of individuals listed as referees within credit applications provided to us
How we may use your Personal Information
- To personalize your digital experience by improving our Mobile Application.
- Developing designs and analyzing data to create relevant alerts, products or services.
- To deliver products and services by verifying your identity (for example when you access your account information); for processing transactions; finding nearby ATMs, and other specialized services.
- To allow you to use features within our eNMB Mobile App when you grant us access to personal information from your device such as contact lists, or geo-location when you request certain services that requires such access
- To detect and prevent fraud, identify theft and other risks to you or NMB Bank.
- To perform analytics concerning your use of our online services to provide a personalized customer experience
- To act in accordance with and impose applicable legal requirements, industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
- To determine the amount of indebtedness owed to or by customers, collect amounts outstanding from customers and those providing security for customers' obligations.
- To provide notifications concerning events for which you’ve registered, providing analysis to improve our events and develop new events, determining event overall effectiveness, enhancing products and services, operating and expanding our business activities.
- To enable an actual or proposed assignee of NMB Bank, or participant or sub-participant of NMB Bank's rights in respect of the customer to evaluate the transaction intended to be the subject of the assignment, participation or sub-participation.
- Meet the disclosure requirements of any law binding on NMB Bank or any of its subsidiaries.
- To fulfill any other purposes relating thereto.
Disclosure of Personal Information to others
The eNMB Application is owned by NMB Bank Ltd and all data pertaining to the system is securely hosted by NMB Bank Ltd.
However, we may employ third-party companies and individuals within the scope of prevailing laws due to the following reasons and under obligation not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We may pass your personal information to others if required by law as permitted and mandated by prevailing laws or if previously informed and intimated to you.
We want to inform you that whenever you use our service or in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are determined to protect it and therefore we ensure adherence to industry best practices on security mechanisms.
To help prevent misuse of services and authorize access to your banking information, you are always required to type in your OTP provided by the bank at the time of transaction. As always, we strongly encourage you to assist us in that effort by not sharing your CIF, passcode and OTP with anyone.
However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and thus absolute security guarantee is non-viable.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from users or market to or solicit information from anyone under the Permissible Age without consent of guardian. If we become aware that a person submitting personal information is under the Permissible Age, we will delete the account and any related information as soon as possible.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device's internal memory.
This Service does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the app may use third-party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information and improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service.
Agreement to the Policy
Policy Updates and Effective Date
This Policy is effective when posted on this website.