NMB Bank (‘the Bank’) shall provide, subject to Terms & Conditions set out herein, mobile banking facilities (‘Services’)
1. Definitions: In this document the following words & phrases have the meaning set below unless the context indicate otherwise:
2. Enforceability of Terms & Conditions: These terms & conditions together with the application made by the Customer and as accepted by the Bank form the contract between the Customer and the Bank, and shall be further subject to such terms as the Bank may agree with the other service providers.
3. Application for the Services: The Customer shall apply to the Bank for use of the Services by filing up the prescribed Mobile Banking Application form provided by the Bank.
4. Eligibility for Application for the Services: The Services is available only to sole account holders of the Bank or to the person authorized to perform banking transactions individually. A written mandate from other account holder(s) is a must to avail the Services in case of Joint Account. Mobile Banking works in most but not in al Mobile Devices. The Bank shall not be responsible for unavailability of Services for reasons including incompatibility of Customer’s Mobile Phone with the Service Platform, or for any loss or damage to the Customer’s Mobile device resulting from use or attempted access or use of the Services.
5. Communication Mode: At present, Short Message Service (SMS) will be used as a mode of communications for the Services. The SMS will be sent to and from the Customer’s nominated mobile phone number and the Bank’s designated number (37447). However, the Bank shall not be liable for any loss or damage the Customer may suffer as a result of any person other than the Customer accessing the SMS with respect to the Services.
6. PIN: The customer acknowledge that use of PIN provides sufficient authority for the Bank to process transactions on designated accounts. The Bank may act on this authority and is not obliged to make further enquiries. Further, the Customer acknowledges that SMS is not the safest mode of communication due to its inherent risks and dependence on Service Providers. Following are the measures Customers shall adopt to protect themselves:
7. Availability & Disclosure: The Bank shall endeavor to provide the Services to the Customer. The Bank may alter the Services availed to the Customer with or without giving prior notice. The Bank reserves the right to offer the Services for those Customers who are using the specific mobile network operator(s) only. Access of the Customer to the Services shall be restricted the designated Mobile Phone Number only. Instructions of the Customer shall be effected only after authentication of the Customer by means of verification of the Mobile Phone Number and the allotted PIN or through any other mode of verification as may be stipulated at the discretion of the Bank. The Bank shall not be responsible for the delay in carrying out the instructions due to any reason beyond its control whatsoever including failure of third party service provider, operational system or due to any requirement of law.
8. Bank’s Authority: By accepting this agreement, the Customer irrevocably and unconditionally authorizes the Bank to access all his/her accounts for effecting all Mobile Banking transactions. The Customer further authorizes the Bank to share the Account information with third parties if necessary, for the purpose of accepting/executing Customer’s request.
9. Disclaimer of Liability: The Bank shall not be responsible for any failure on the part of the Customer to utilize the services due to the Customer not being with the geographical range within which the Services are offered. If the Customer has reasons to believe that his Mobile Phone Number is/has been allotted to another person and/or there has been an unauthorized transaction in his/her account and/or his/her mobile phone is lost, he/she shall immediately inform the Bank. The Customer agrees that Bank shall not be liable on following conditions:
The Customer agrees that the access to the services shall be only through the Mobile Phone Number and any transaction which originates from the same, whether initiated by the Customer or not, shall be deemed to have originated from the Customer. Under no circumstance, the Bank shall be held liable if the Services are not available for reasons including but not limited to natural calamities, legal restraints, error & omission by the mobile network provider, network failure, third party service provider or any other reason beyond the control of the Bank. The Bank shall not be liable under any circumstances for any damages whatsoever whether such damages are direct, indirect, incidental consequential and irrespective of whether any claim is based on loss of revenue, interruption of business or any loss of any character or nature whatsoever and whether sustained by the Customer or by any other person. Illegal or improper use of the services shall make the Customer liable for payment of financial charges as decided by the Bank or will result in suspension of the Services to the Customer. In order to provide features like top-up, merchant payments, and bill payment features, we are allowing our application users to fetch details from their phone's contact list, due to which the application requires permissions to fetch contact details.
10. Indemnity: In consideration of the Bank providing he Services, the Customer agrees to indemnify and keep safe, harmless and indemnify the Bank from and against all actions, claims, demands, proceedings, loss, damages, costs, charges, and expenses whatsoever the Bank may incur, sustain, suffer or be put to at any times as a consequence of acting on or omitting or refusing to act on any instructions given by use of the services. The Customer holds the Bank, harmless against any loss incurred by the Customer due to failure to provide the Services or any delay in providing the services due to any failure or discrepancy on part of the mobile network provider. The Customer agrees to indemnify and hold the Bank harmless for any losses occurring as a result of:
11. Fees: The Bank shall have the sole discretion to set specific fees chargeable on the Services on may revise the same from time to time as and when deemed necessary with or without prior notice to the Customer. Further, it is the sole liability of the Customer to pay for all the fees charged to them by the Mobile Network providers.
12. Amendment: The Bank has the absolute discretion to amend or supplement any of the terms & conditions at any time and such amended terms & conditions will thereupon apply to an be binding on the Customer.
13. Termination: To terminate the Services, the Customer shall notify the Bank through a written notice. The Customer will remain responsible for any transactions made through his Mobile Phone Number prior to the time of such cancellations of Services. The Bank may, at its discretion, withdraw temporarily or terminate the services, either wholly or in part, at any time with or without giving prior notice to the Customer. The Bank may, without prior notice, suspend the services at any time for reasons including maintenance work or repair or in case of any emergency or for security reasons. The closure of accounts of the Customer will automatically terminate the Services. The Bank may suspend or terminate services without prior notice if the Customer has breached these terms and conditions or if the Bank learns of the death, bankruptcy, or lack of legal capacity of the Customer or any other situation as the Bank may deem fit.